Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Boss Battle Fun - The Vine Golem

Like any geeky daydreamer I have an obsession with boss battles in games.
Titles like Shadow of the Colossus and The Legend of Zelda series really got me started on thinking about the design process in a lot more detail some time ago.  

Having the chance to finally indulge myself a bit, I thought it would be great to finally take a stab at it - I want to do more than just a pretty drawing, mind you. I appreciate memorable designs where your interaction is a little more interesting than hacking away at a normal-mapped monstrosity till the meter runs out.

I've started with a character design and some basic ideas - I will flesh them out with more sketches and my findings as I go until I feel as though I've made a personality that lives and rampages in its habitat as a fully realised boss in my personal project, The Gate.

Vine Golem in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment